Monday, January 2, 2012

Visitors to the farm

Visitors to the Farm 

We have had (and still have) guests for the last week or so. First, my father-in-law came to visit. We had a good visit and the kids LOVED having Papa here. He bought us an amazing gift...a dining room table and chairs! We can now sit down together and have family dinners. Everyone was sad when he had to leave on Saturday.

Mike, Aislyn, Papa, Gabe and Ian at our new table
 Next, my friend Mary came up from Austin with her little girl Frankie. They got here last night, and my girls were so excited that their friend was here. We ate tomato soup and then stayed up late playing cards. This morning we flew kites.
Lily and Ian are wearing shorts while Aislyn, Frankie and Mary bundled up
 I have to say, I didn't realize that getting 3 kites airborne all at the same time was an aerobic activity. We did get them all up together for a few minutes and all 5 kids managed to share pretty nicely. Only one got stuck in a tree and nobody stepped on mesquite.
Aislyn's fairy kite and Ian's box kite

 Mary and I started a batch of cheese this afternoon. It will be ready to drain in a couple of hours and should be ready to eat tomorrow. We'll be making another batch tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures of the process.

 Now I'm going to finish my evening chores and then kick Mary's butt at Rummy again. Everyone have a good night.


2 comments:

  1. Today was SO much fun! Saw the castle in Waco, shot a 20 gage shotgun (duck hunting), drank the freshest milk I've ever had, tried to churn butter by hand...the kites were cool, got lots of exercise...loving my trip to the Mellor farm!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a GREAT time!

    Maybe Mary can give us a guest posting and her take on the farm. Sounds like she's loving it too.

    Enjoy your visit ladies. I look forward your cheese results.

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete