Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goat Herding

 It's been kinda busy around here for the last few days. My father in law is here to visit for a little while and the kids have been just a tiny bit excited. It's nice for me, because Papa is more than willing to listen to all of their stories...because he hasn't heard them 12 million times already. It's also been loud and somewhat chaotic with all 4 kids trying to get Papa's attention at the same time. 
 So, this morning I took my book and my goats out to enjoy the beautiful weather we're having right now.
My goat supervision hangout.
 This is the random slab of concrete that I sit on so I don't end up with a wet butt from sitting on the grass. We have no idea what it's from or why it's there, but it's a good spot to enjoy the quiet.

They LOVE oak trees.
Sweetie is our head goat and she always leads them to the oak tree first. Jasper only eats part of the time, the rest of the time he bounces around and finds things to climb on. 

Coco is trying to figure out what Jasper is doing up there.
 Shortly after I got comfy I realized that I was being stalked. Princess wanted to see what I was up to. Usually Tiger goes with me when I go for a walk and Princess stays at the house, but she loves to startle the goats.

Princess wanted to see what I was doing.
 Princess found a bird's nest while we were hanging out, and then I found another one. I'm not sure what kind of bird made them, but they were both about a foot off of the ground in small trees, I wouldn't be surprised if the kitty ate any babies that might have been in them.

Two small bird's nests. Each would fit one chicken egg.
 I love to be outside here. Even if I don't have anything I need to be doing outside (or if I need to be doing something inside) I love to sit outside, dream about the things we have planned for the new year and enjoy the view.

My second favorite tree.
 Blessed Be and Happy New Year to everyone.









 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a peaceful time. I love being out like that as well. I'm glad you had FIL there to help and give you that time. What a nice gift.... =)

    Happy New Year! I look forward to seeing your 2012 dreams grow into reality.

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete