This morning I opened the giant pot that the milk had been sitting in so that I could figure out what the heck to do with it...and it had finally separated! It smelled like the yogurt I inoculated it with and it had stopped forming bubbles. I guess I just needed to give up all hope before it would cooperate. Maybe it was trying to humble me. Whatever the reason, I pulled my recipe up on the computer and got to work. I cut the curd, brought the temp back up and cooked the curd to help expel more whey. Pouring it into the strainer was a bit tricky, it was seriously heavy, but I managed. I let it drain for a few minutes and then wrapped it up in cheesecloth and put it in my press. Since I haven't gotten any bricks to weigh it down with yet, I ended up using books. Luckily I have LOTS of heavy books.