Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home

 Tonight was Mike's company Christmas party. Now, everyone who knows me knows that I am an introvert. I don't do parties. Groups of people tend to make me feel overwhelmed. Especially groups of people that I don't know very well and that I need to make a good impression on. That's one of (many) reasons I live on 10 acres out in the country...the lack of people. Plus getting 4 kids ready to go out in public is extremely stressful for me.
 That being said, it wasn't too bad. I survived. I didn't make any snarky comments to anyone I shouldn't. We sat with the people I knew best and I was polite (mostly), charming and even funny.There was food. I like food. My kids were pretty well behaved and very cute. They were thrilled that they got presents (I was not thrilled by the presents, as every one of them makes noise and was most likely made in China. But they are plastic and will most likely break before they drive me totally out of my mind) and it only lasted 2 hours.
 Now the party is over and I am home... in my footie pajamas...sitting on my bed ...watching my favorite documentary. Ah, home sweet home.

1 comment:

  1. awwww....they are cute! Sounds like a slam dunk for you too!

    Glad you made it thru...

    ReplyDelete